Thursday, April 5, 2012

A half of a biscuit & (I think that's a sardine)

that's about all i got..

it's a whole lot bigger than what i picture.. lol



in John 6, there was a lil' boy who apparently walked by & offered his peanut-sized lunch to a crowd of 5,000 people. NOT counting women & children.

can somebody say BOLD?? 


i would imagine myself lookin' at him & shakin' my head if i were one of the disciples thinkin' wow.. what in the WORLD is he thinkin.. 


obviously he ain't thinkin'.. 

i don't know what the lil' boy was thinkin.. but what i DO know is that

GOD USED HIM THAT DAY. 

the people were hungry. it was already gettin dark. there was NO way that Jesus Christ would send them away in darkness & hungry.

in the same way, there are people who are hungry for truth. truth that will TRULY make them free. people who live in a land corrupt with darkness & false doctrines.

right here in NYC we witness this stuff, but this time i'm talkin' about Nairobi, Kenya.

& God is sendin' lil' ol' me.. with my half a biscuit & one sardine.

i'm sure that's all i got. lol.. believe me, i've checked! & yet, Jesus has decided that just like He told the disciples over 2,000 years ago, He's hittin' me with the SAME challenge.

YOU give 'em sumthin to eat, Tosha!

part of me is all ugh with fear.. (the part that needs to DIE)
& the other part of me is like

Let's do THIS!!

From April 19-29 I will be traveling, ministering, eating & breathing with a team of five in Nairobi, Kenya.






pray for me. :)

We will be working with girls who have escaped FGM (female genital mutilation).

look it up.. it's saddening
wait.. maybe you shouldn't look it up.

if you do look it up.. don't say i didn't warn you.

This is quite an adventure for me (some of you know I'm a stay-at-home, homeschooling, home making momma woman)! Lol

(that's a lotta home... just call me homie.)

We'll be teaching them about relationships from a Biblical, godly perspective..  Both the benefits of doing things God's way & the consequences of allowing our emotions & desires to direct us. We'll be lovin' on 'em with God's love & doin' fun stuff too, like nails & hair tee hee.. I need God. I TRUST God. I'm believing God!

and you know what? it's like the ol' school song says, He's NEVER failed me yet!

sOoo.. i'm askin' you to pray.

if you don't know Jesus, but you understand the place of darkness & REAL hunger for a different kind of life, then you talk to Jesus about your need. ask Him to forgive you.. to wash you.. to change you.. then you pray for me. ;)

I'm grateful for the opportunity to go. God is faithful. honestly, i have no idea what to expect.

makes me excited & nervous all at the same time.

Pray for J-boy #1 (my sweet husband). He will spend the ten days I'm away being a missionary to our three children. *heh heh*

i remember one of those cliche' thingies that says "God doesn't call the equipped, He equips those He calls.."  sO, i'm trustin' Him with my lil' half of a sardine sandwich.. <3


photo credit here & here..

4 comments:

MaeMoe said...

So, you're finally headed to Africa. You know I'm jealous. Would love to be there with y'all. I'm excited for you! I'll be prayung for you, and for jakimo. :-)))

Lola Alapo said...

How neat! What an adventure God has ahead of you. "It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you, Tosha; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” Deuteronomy 31:8.
I'll be praying for you. Thank you for inviting us into the journey with you.

MaddiesMommy said...

I think we can take good care of J-boy.

MaddiesMommy said...

I think we can take good care of J-boy.